Sunday 8 May 2011

Happy Birthday Mrs B!

I do hope she has a good one!

My current obsession with alliums continued to her card.  I drew a stylised flower in silver on a 5" square cream card, punched holes through with an awl and sewed on seed beads.  I originally planned for a complete silver colour scheme, but thanks to a beautiful selection of beads that my mother had given to me, I changed my mind and used various shades of purple, blue and green.

 

                                      

Mrs B's birthday present was a beautiful little cake stand; which the 9 yr old and I filled with home-baked cupcakes; Strawberry Cheesecake and Marshmallow :o)   I covet the cake stand... but Mrs B will do so much more with it than I would!  We couldn't exactly wrap it, but it looked pretty enough all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.