Tuesday 31 May 2011

Wasting time...

It was the last Bank Holiday till August this weekend, and thanks to a bout of tonsillitis, I spent most of it asleep or in too much pain to care about anything creative!  So very annoying on two fronts:

a) I had great plans for this weekend! I love a three day weekend, it gives you enough time to get your jobs done and start on a project, safe in the knowledge that you don't have to rush and can bargain for exclusive use of the dining room - we can relax the rules, it is a holiday after all!

and b) life is too short to be wasted on sleep and sickness!  For as long as I can remember I have been very conscious that we have only one chance at our time on this earth.  I appreciate the need to sleep and recuperate (not enough, most people I know would argue) but I hate to waste time doing either when I could be doing anything else at all :)  My own worst enemy in many respects, but I would be very sad to get to the end of my life and think I could have done more; on my gravestone I would be very happy for them to write "She tried to do it all" ...except maybe the ironing!

So, once up and half human again I finished the Halloween invitations, so very pleased!  Just photos to take and once they're in the post I will do a write up.  And with the 9yr old at her father's this week, I will try and work my two days into a few evenings instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.