Friday 3 June 2011

The joy of hello...

the boyf and I will occasionally get on the back of his bike and roar around the countryside enjoying the sun and fresh air.  I love the freedom of being sat on a bike, the thrill of the ride, the camaraderie of being part of the "clan".  I love that bikers say hello as they pass each other, that little tilt of your head to the right, the simple pleasure of a shared acknowledgement.

And so it is, with the purchase of my Smart car, I've joined another clan.  Its taken me a little while, first to notice (!) and second to join in.  But, tonight, there it was, the little lift of your fingers from the steering wheel, the mirrored response, the happiness to be had in a tiny bond forged with a stranger.

We humans are needy folk!  At its worst, it can cause great problems; at its best, it is a series of tiny steps that make us all a little happier and bring us all closer to a shared humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.