Sunday 9 October 2011

Progress so far...

10am:  the front darts are sewn in.  What is immediately obvious is that the twill interlining gives the fabric a life of it's own, the shape is extraordinary and there will definitely not be no slouching in this!  I still have boning to add...


This isn't clothing, it's sculpture.

10.45am: the sides and back pieces are sewn together.  I am struck again at how sculptural this is looking.


11.15am: the front is attached at the side and shoulders and I try the finished piece on Miss G.  The neckline needs adjusting and possibly the front darts, but I will leave these for now, I turn the bodice inside out the redraw the neckline - the joys of a twill interlining, I just fold it and mark the line!


12.15pm: quick celebratory drink at the pub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.